Sunday, February 14, 2010

Valentine Conclusions

Oh, valentine's day..

I'm one of those people who has always hated this day, ever since I was old enough to realize what it really entailed. No longer was the entire class required to give valentines to everyone. Guys selectively asked other girls out on dates or gave them flowers and chocolate. Never me.

Except the time I got flowers for valentines day because I was a sneaky asshole & led on a guy I didn't like. And then he overdid it and actually sent me flowers on valentine's day. Other than that, I've just celebrated this day with friends and family. Obviously I'm thankful to have them, but as you know, it's more enjoyable to have "someone special" to celebrate love with.

So I hate valentines day. I don't need another reminder of the fact that I'm single and have been for essentially my whole life. But this valentine's day was a little different. I still resent the fact that I'm single against my choice, but I've been working really hard at several goals in my life. These are mostly academic and self-improvement goals. When you exercise self-control consistently, you can become the person you want to be. Which brings a good measure of contentment and satisfaction.

If I can't have a relationship right now, I am going to throw everything into the rest of my life. And I'm already happy with the preliminary results.

No comments:

Post a Comment