Thursday, April 15, 2010

22... What do I do with that?

After your 18th and 21st birthdays, other birthdays seem to pale in comparison.

Nonetheless, birthdays are an excuse to celebrate your life & friends, take the day off, wear a pink boa, and enjoy the fact that you won't get older for another year.. Haha.

This year I almost forgot about my birthday. Thanks to my sister & best friend though, I was reminded plenty of times. I thought it was going to suck, just because I can already drink, I'm already an adult, and there isn't much more except the gateway to wrinkles and spider veins.

But for a 22nd birthday, it was pretty awesome! I got a boyfriend, money, food, and got to hang out with my best friend. What more could a college kid ask for?!

It makes you wonder, why are birthdays are so important to us? I mean, George Washington's birthday is a HOLIDAY. People take the day off for his BIRTHDAY- not theirs, HIS! The day he was sworn into office isn't a holiday, but his birthday is!

Psycho Americans.

No comments:

Post a Comment