Sunday, December 5, 2010

Unfinished Mementos


You call me ‘best friend’
But that’s more of a nice thought-
Not a reality

And you act so loyal
That it’s a cold shock
When you forget about me

So no one sings about friendship,
But this is important

You think I’m so entertaining
But I’m just living while you
Drown in limits

You sit here and enjoy the ride
But I’m kicking you out & now
You’re outa friends

If a failed friendship upsets you,
Maybe you shouldn't have
Tossed it away



The point is that
Friends don’t leave you hangin or standin alone, and
Friends don’t ignore you when you dial their phone

If you really wanted to be friends,
You wouldn’t have insulted me
For wanting to hang out

If you knew what listening was,
You wouldn’t have kept yelling

Nonsensical phrases

You blame it all on me,

But you're the one who's changed

A co-dependent blob repelling me

The brain leaked out of your head
And now you say
I invented everything that’s wrong



Don't you forget that

Friends don’t make you feel like shit for trying to be friends;

Real friends are there for you, even when life's a mess

You just wanna stay in your
Comfy little boyfriend nest,
Force me to accept my replacement

If you could get your head to reality
We’d have more words between us

But you'll be stuck a while yet

You're lost in a tunnel of "love"

Where you soak up boyfriend love

But don't love your friends

The death of our friendship
Pains you most, 'cause

I don’t miss a shitty friend

No comments:

Post a Comment