Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Who you gonna call... Ghost Busters!

So I almost had to go to the ER tonite.
I was eating prepackaged soup (you know, the dry kind that you add water to & it has more salt than you need for the next 3 days). I felt a spot that was too concentrated hit the back of my throat, and immediately my throat and chest started to close up. Anaphylactic shock has never happened to me before. I don't have any food allergies. That I know of. Unless this is something new (yea, food allergies can pop up later in life). I immediately drank milk, though, because I was sure this was just caused by too high of a concentration in one spot. Luckily, my throat and chest relaxed as soon as the milk soothed my throat. And then I was really happy to breathe.
Oh, and you wonder what the point of this was? Don't eat pre-packaged soup. Or don't live alone. Or make more time to cook real food. Though none of these are actual solutions so never mind, I guess.
My real question is, how do you tell 911 your address if you can't breathe? Who knows. Except those who died trying.

No comments:

Post a Comment