Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Pretty Pisst

So today I saw a guy wearing a tshirt that said "Abort born-again Christians". This is exactly what makes me never want to be associated with Christians just because the stereotypes are so hurtful. JUST LEAVE ME THE FUCK ALONE! I don't relentlessly attack YOUR "lack" of belief! 

And I cannot stand how no one has tolerance for Christians; while Muslims, atheists, Buddhists, etc get all the tolerance they want. People will even listen to their beliefs for the most part. But not Christians; no, people either avoid us, make fun of us, hate us, or pretend to like us while secretly hating us. I say "us" because I want to get back into being being a Christian, but I'm struggling with allowing myself to; I can't respect myself as a Christian if people are going to go off stereotypes without even getting to know me. Labeling yourself Christian these days is like branding yourself with a big tattoo that says YOURE ALL GOING TO HELL. Except that's not at all what I'm here for. 

I KNOW that it's dumb to let other people's opinions and mean comments get in the way of what's important to you. But have you ever tried to accomplish life goals with people continually tearing you down and ridiculing you? Maybe you have, and you've succeeded. But even succeeding in my faith won't prove anything to anyone except me, and that is the difference between faith and most other things. I just want all those mother fuckers to leave me alone. If you need something to make fun of, make sure you distinguish between real Christians & the ones who actually embody the stereotype. And if you don't know the difference, you have no right to make fun of what you're completely unknowledgeable of, so shut the hell up (pun not originally intended. but it's pretty funny now that Ive noticed it).

Ps. My aloe plant is completely dead because my landlord damaged it. I tried to re-plant one of the baby shoots, but it has drowned.

No comments:

Post a Comment