Sunday, October 24, 2010

Warped Nightmare

I never imagined I would be the last "single friend" in my circle of friends. Every week it gets closer. Because at least every week I see another "engaged" status, or "in a relationship" status on my newsfeed. It's great that my friends are getting married. But not great for me. Just because I'm only 22. I'm not supposed to be the last single friend yet! I'm not even old enough to rent a car! It's like a warped sense of time where everyone else's life is fast-forwarding, while mine is set to slow-motion. I mean.. I already know married couples my age who are having KIDS. KIDS.

The weird thing is that I'm happy being single. Wanting a boyfriend is no longer my problem. My PROBLEM is finding friends that aren't preoccupied with their boyfriends/husbands. Because how fun is it to go thru 100 contacts on your phone just to find that they're all busy. And when they aren't busy, they don't want to go out dancing or have a "girl's night out." So what do you do with them? You essentially have nothing important in common with them anymore. I mean, even if you do, there is always this strange underlying feeling that you'll never be on the same level as them.

Is it possible to stay close to friends who get married? They're entering a completely foreign world.. all they want to talk about is buying houses, married plans, their husband, etc. Single people don't want to talk about that.. at least, NOT at 22 years old! Ew.

No comments:

Post a Comment