Friday, September 17, 2010

Idiots #2

So this blog is about men. Again. Okay, I don't know what it is, but guys won't seem to leave me alone these days. And instead of being flattered, I'm a bit peeved. To understand, you gotta hear the background..

See, I've finally struck this little era in my life where I'm becoming increasingly stable/happy/content without a man in my life. I've been really busy with school, work, and volunteering. I love all of these activities. They're building me up to accomplish my major life goals, which is probably why I feel so accomplished. School is obviously going to get me a degree. Work gives me a social life, so I don't go crazy studying; plus money, so I can buy clothes/shoes (hey, looking good improves your mood & even professional rep for the better!). Volunteering is going to get me an internship & job after I graduate.

I also have more people and friends in my life now. This is partly because of all these activities I've been consistently involved with. Some of it's also because I've trained myself to be less blabby about my life. My friends are much more interested in hanging out and/or catching up, because they're interested in finding out what I've been up to. I'm also 100% more positive than I was spring semester. I don't push my issues down people's throats anymore -I either deal with the issues or just keep 'em to myself. There are a few select people who I still mention drama to, but mainly just when I need advice from them.

My skin has been flourishing since cutting down on dairy, plus Kristin & I have been making an effort to dress with a more professional edge. So all of the above has probably been contributing to my contentment in life, and thus, my attitude toward men -because I finally believe & KNOW that I do not need a man. I've finally proved it to myself. I guess that's somehow all spoken wordlessly through my body language. Thus, the reason why I've been getting too much male attention recently.

Well, that or I've been using the metro 200% more in the past 2 weeks.

So basically I've been trying to think of ways to keep men from hitting on me on the metro. It's just annoying because I always bring homework with me & I don't need creepers stealing my study time. Not to mention that so far none of them bother to speak clearly or look me in the eye! I've thought of everything from telling them I'm celibate, to ignoring them completely, wearing earphones, bringing a boy everywhere with me, and more. Let me know if you have any good tactics.

No comments:

Post a Comment