Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Idiots

Okay, What IS IT with guys honking at/yelling to/screaming at/whistling at girls when they drive by you??

I mean, what are they actually getting out of this? I think I get why they do it when they're in a car with fellow male friends -just egos that want attention. But it even happens when they're driving solo. Sometimes it's creepy, sometimes it's annoying, sometimes it's just pathetic, and one in a while it scares you out of your wits.

The later is my point of interest. Today I was walking along, far off in my own little world, when a car of guys drives by and screams out the window. I couldn't understand what they actually said, but I jumped because it definitely scared me. My immediate response was to flick them off. Which I did.

I remember in highschool we used to drive around the neighborhood and scream right when we drove by someone. It was funny to see them jump.. but that was in highschool. And it wasn't just guys doing it to girls. I'm really irked that shit like this is still rampant in college.

And besides the freaking-people-out factor, why do guys feel this need to hit on everything they pass.. by whistling and stuff? I mean, it just broadcasts how much of an idiot the guy is (unless he actually knows the girl) and the girl is never impressed.

I've asked different guys why they think it happens or why they do it. One response was that the guy has heard of it working waaaay back when... but I don't think that's the main reason. I think they know, probably from experience, that driving past a girl at 40mph doesn't get her in bed; I mean, duh, you're essentially driving away from her. I think they do it to puff up their egos, to feel like they rule their world, that they have the authority to call at women & have whoever they want. I think they want to feel that way, and so they give off that persona to whoever's watching or in the car with them.

Aka, they're idiots.

No comments:

Post a Comment