Tuesday, May 12, 2009

birth, bikes, finals

Finally I know what it feels like to give birth. 
Actually i'm just talking about this blog. But hey, it's something I've created. It just doesn't scream. 
 
I'm excited because I have just a week left until I fly home to see my family after 5 months of not seeing them. Today my sister txted me that waiting a week is too long to see me. I wondered, what about the other 4.5 months? 

I've been riding my bike to school every day. Biking is actually faster than driving here because there aren't enough people riding bikes yet to create traffic on the sidewalks. And Route 1 is pretty much a parking lot during the busy times. Plus, walking from my assigned parking lot at school slices 10 -15 minutes out of my day (and I walk fast, for those of you who haven't walked anywhere with me, so its more like 15-20 min for normal people). 
So far the sidewalks have only really been occupied with people who walk in the middle of the sidewalk, baby strollers, and things like construction signs that take up 2/3 of the sidewalk. 

Entertaining stories about riding my bike have been increasing every time I ride, but here's the most recent.
I started using this bike path that goes underneath the road; I'd always known it was there, I just never bothered to use it,  partly because it's dark and slightly creepy. At night there's a light, but in the day your eyes can't adjust to the dim light quick enough. Using the path, though, is much faster than waiting for traffic to stop on the road, since it never does. So today as I was going down this path, another biker came on the path going the opposite direction. He shot out from around the corner sortof suddenly, making my skin jump; then he decided to do a wheelie on his back tire as he went up the steep part of the path. Whaatt? 

Finals Week! Finally! I just don't mind it this semester because I get to go home soon and because my finals are so nicely spread out; one on each day. People keep wishing me luck and all that, but it was the rest of the semester that was hard. Finals is alot of review. People only freak out when they haven't studied the rest of the semester. 

And time to do one of my favorite activites. Sleep!

No comments:

Post a Comment