Friday, May 15, 2009

Stuck in traffic and sometimes mediocrity

I woke up this morning feeling like I had a hangover. But I didn't, because I wasn't drinking yesterday. Or any of the days in the week before. And I don't get hangovers from drinking because I always drink enough water to prevent one before I fall asleep. It probly had to do with the fact that I got 6 hrs of sleep instead of my regular 9. And that I ate a bunch of sugar before I went to bed. It's days like this where I hate sugar and think about kicking it out of my diet again. I have lasting energy without it. But I always get lazy and revert to eating whatever hasn't molded in my fridge yet. And those are always things with a lot of sugar or salt. 

 

And after my organic chem final, I promised myself again that I would make a schedule to study regularly instead of sporadically next time.  Is that going to happen? don't ask. Because, in fact, my life is sometimes average (http://mliaverage.tumblr.com/). Which means I come up with good ideas but am often too lazy to follow through with them. 

 

Later, I was driving home. And surprise, Route 1 was a parking lot again. The one day I didn't ride my bike was the day they decided to do construction and close one of the lanes. So things were moving very slowly, when at all, and I was trying to turn left at a light. I almost had to wait through the same light 3 times because people kept deciding to block the intersection right in front of me. So people in the lane next to me were able to get by, and I had to sit there while it was green. I barely got by the second time it was green, though, just as the light was changing to red again... 

 

And I promised to ride my bike all the next times to avoid irony like this. But when winter comes I'll be stuck in traffic again. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment