Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Things I woke up thinking about

"What are these? They're really good!" How could a kid not know what cucumbers are? That's so sad.  Yeah, this really happened. 

I watched the movie "Doubt" when I woke up feeling sick to my stomach last night. Mattie put it on my computer, so I figured I'd watch it. It was interesting, but I didn't like how the movie ended when this one nun admitted that she had doubts. Doubts, so what? You're supposed to have them. Otherwise you probly aren't using your brain, just absorbing information because other people believe things. Most people go through periods of having doubts about their faiths. They really do. I personally take it as an opportunity to reevaluate things.  The movie, though, seemed to be saying that doubts are the end of the world. I guess they can be, if you let them. 

Hopefully my washer gets fixed soon. I would like to wear my favorite clothes again. And that huge pile of laundry is going to take 3 or 4 loads to wash. 

I can't wait to go home to see my sister next week! We are planning to have a "Sister Sleepover." We used to have these alot when I lived at home, but obviously haven't had one for a while. We usually buy/make eachother a little present and then play fun games, bake cookies, and do facials, nails etc.  And then one of us gets a sleeping bag and sleeps over in the other's room. One sister sleepover, I think we had a fight during it, so we just went and did our seperate things and didn't bother to finish it.

Which somehow reminds me of dreams. I should start writing them down when I wake up because I find that's often the best way to understand myself and figure out how to fix things. It's worked for alot of problems that I've resolved. 

So there are a couple groups I'm involved with on campus, and they're pretty fun. But sometimes it really bothers me that the coolest people always graduate and never come back, while this one super annoying girl has already graduated, but has stayed a permanent fixture in this one group. There aren't many people who truly ruffle my feathers like this, so I guess I just don't know how to deal with it. So far I've been avoiding her. As if that's a solution. 

No comments:

Post a Comment