Wednesday, May 13, 2009

old poem

crinkle

i unwrap the paper

that unfolds it

and toss the pink mass

into my happy mouth

I pause for a bit

to remember the texture

of bubblegum.

 

Sweet, and

strangly weird;

it starts out dry and hard, then

becomes a sticky lump

that needs alot of chewing.

The first couple chews

bring the most

amount of pleasure

to my mind,

before the mound

loses its taste

of bubblegum.

 

i peer down

my nose,

thru a pink film

at the sidewalk

And then someone's

finger ruins my

perspective as the bubble pops!

Parts of my cheeks

and nose

and lip

feel gummy and sticky

because they stuck themselves

where they did not belong,

into my wad

of bubblegum

 

Soon my tongue

only recognizes

the texture because

taste is not there

anymore.

Splat. Stick.

Onto the left side

of the trashbag,

my wad lands permanently.

I smile contentedly and

with confident strides,

I remember that the world is waiting for me

And I have had enough

of bubblegum.

No comments:

Post a Comment